The Golden Geology Circle
The Golden Geology Circle.
The Golden Geology Circle offers you a busy agenda and an exciting day. We will visit our wonderful Thingvellir National Park with all its great history and charm. Thingvellir is off course listed on the UN World Heritage list. We will also see the amazing Gullfoss waterfall and the spouting hot spring Geysir. We will meet the Flower Farmer at Espiflot, stop by at the ancient Skalholt Episcopal Church and visit the Geothermal Power Plant (Hellisheiðarvirkjun).
- The Golden Geology Circle
- 1. Elite Travel will pick you up at your hotel at 09.00 to take you on your „Golden Geology Circle“ adventure .
2. We will drive first to Thingvellir National Park. There you can see the boundaries of the diverging Tectonic plates, which are the Eurasian plate and the N-America plate. That is where the Icelanders established their parliament in 930 and your guide will tell you all about the history, the geology and unique ecosystem of the area. We will then visit the spouting hot springs Geysir and Strokkur and the surrounding geothermal area.
3. We will then continue to the nearby Gullfoss, the Golden Waterfall, where we will take a close look at the waterfall and have lunch in the Gullfoss restaurant. (not incl.) In the afternoon we visit the Flower Farmer at Espiflot and the ancient Skalholt Episcopal See.
4. Late afternoon we visit the newest Geothermal Power Plant (Hellisheiðarvirkjun) where we see how the geothermal power is utilised for generating electricity and space heating.
Returning to Reykjavík around 17:00
- Vehicle: Ford Expedition modified high clearance and comfortable 4WD, 5 passengers, (optional 6).
- Professional Driver-guide.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further information. And why not tell us about your dream Iceland vacation here in the comment section below and we will do our very best to accommodate you and your wishes.