This tour includes a visit to lake Kleifarvatn, Krisuvik and the Seltun hot spring area and bubbling mud pots. And finally with a visit to Blue Lagoon and as well as hot spring Gunnuhver and the „Bridge between the continents“
Obtional Airport Transfer
- Reykjanes Peninsula
- 1. Elite Travel will pick you up at 09:00 in the morning for your Reykjanes Peninsula excursion .
2. We will start with a tour of the volcanic Reykjanes Peninsula, visiting lake Kleifarvatn, Krisuvik and the Seltun hot spring area and bubbling mud pots. Drive through the fishing village Grindavik to the nearby Blue Lagoon, with the mineral rich geothermal hot water and impressive architecture. (Stop at Blue Lagoon 10:30 – 12:30 depending on length of a stop at Seltun)
3. After the Blue Lagoon we will head towards the lighthouse and bird cliffs at the tip of the Reykjanes peninsula, as well as hot spring Gunnuhver and the „Bridge between the continents“where you can see the diverging tectonic plates, before heading for the nearby Viking World Exhibition, where you can see an exact full-size replica of a Viking ship, which sailed from Iceland to New York in year 2000, to commemorate the 1000 years anniversary of the discovery of America.
4. Arriving in Reykjavík around 16:00
5. If you go for the Airport transfer option (no additional cost of course) you can expect to arrive at Keflavík Airport around 15:15 (Normal departure for Icelandair flights to USA and Canada is around 17:00 hours)
- Vehicle: Ford Expedition modified high clearance and comfortable 4WD, 5 passengers, (optional 6).
- Professional Driver-guide.
- Bathing in the Blue Lagoon excluded
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further information. And why not tell us about your dream Iceland vacation here in the comment section below and we will do our very best to accommodate you and your wishes.